Following is a portions of a letter which I submitted to The Sheboygan
Press in the Letters To The Editor.  It  was printed on December 11, 1992
  It was in response to an article entitled "Fetal tissue research looks
promising " by a columnist by the name of Joan Beck.

It was my opinion in 1992 and  it is one which I feel even stronger about
today. I quote the letter in part:

KILLING A FETUS NO SOLUTION FOR PARKINSON'S DISEASE

....................In one of her paragraphs, Ms. Beck states, "But such
successes do offer hope that fetal tissue transplants can be an effective
treatment for Parkinson's Disease..........."

It would not and does not offer hope to me.  I cannot even begin to
consider that an unborn life , one that  has not as yet enjoyed the love
of family and the many joys of God's creation , should have to give up
its life so that I might be able to possibly extend my 52 years with an
improved state of health.

..........In the fetal tissue transplant,  the donor must give up its
life.

You say, there is no life in a fetus as it has not as yet been  born.
Earlier in her column Ms. Beck states , "But fetal tissue is necessary
for such transplants .  Fetal cells can survive long enough for the
procedure to be done."  I think the key word in this quote is "survive".
For something to survive, there had to be life as indicated in The
American Collegiate Dictionary under the definition of "survive".

...........One person has already given His life for me that I might have
a fuller life.  It is His birth that we celebrate this Christmas season
And that is the only life I need to have been given for me."

End of article.  I would be happy to mail a copy of the entire to anyone
who would request it.

Philip J Lammers 58/15