On 23 Apr 99 at 14:04, Bruce Anderson wrote:

> A neurologist  last week recommended I get a Pet scan and wrote me a
> prescription for one. He then ducked ou t before I had a chance to ask him
> about  it.  Can anyone tell me what it is, what it's suppose to diagnose and
> what it's like?  It must be pretty rare because he said I would have to go
> to Columbia Univ., Hosp, in NYC for it and I live in western NJ.
> Thanks

Hey Bruce, here's a past post I sent on a PET URL......

To:               [log in to unmask]
Subject:          URL for PET imaging
Send reply to:    [log in to unmask]
Date sent:        Sun, 31 Jan 1999 16:03:08 -0700

Hi gang,

I've been asked if there is a web site that describes Positron
Emission Tomography...... PET imaging.

Here is the URL for University of British Columbia's web site for the
PET group.

http://www.physics.ubc.ca/~pet/

There are excellent links here to PET sites around the world.

Click on What is PET? for a technical description of X Ray, CT, MRI,
SPECT, and PET.

Happy browsing................Murray