-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of James Griffin
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 1999 11:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Meals & Sinemet

I read on the list server that someone had been advised to take Sinemet
with meals to reduce nausea. My neurologist advises taking sinemet at
least 1/2 hour before meals. It seems the stomach acids and enzymes
produced by the stomach reduce the absorption of the sinemet. I'm taking
sinemet CR 50/200 twice a day and requip 1 mg 4 times a day.
I'm also taking 10 mg Baclophen 3 times  a day for leg cramps. A recent
emg showed peripheral neuropathy in legs. The neurologist says that
neuropathy does not come from PD which I have had for two years.(Age
71).
Would like any comments on use of baclophen and peripheral neuropathy as
they relate to PD.
Jim