-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, April 22, 1999 6:44 PM
Subject: [ComputersForSeniors] Re: Only in America

From: [log in to unmask]

Only in America...can a pizza get to your house faster  than an
  ambulance...

  Only in America...are there handicap parking places  in front of a
  skating rink...

  Only in America...do drugstores make the sick walk all  the way to the
back
of the store to get their prescriptions.

  Only in America...do people order double cheese burgers,  a large fry, and
a diet coke...

  Only in America...do banks leave both doors open and  then chain the pens
to the counters...

  Only in America...do we leave cars worth thousands of  dollars in the
driveway and leave useless junk in the garage...

  Only in America...do we use answering machines to screen  calls and then
have call waiting so we won't miss a call from  someone we didn't want to
talk to in the first place...

  Only in America...do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and  buns in
packages of eight...

  Only in America...do we use the word "politics" to describe  the proces so
well:  "Poli" in Latin meaning  "many" and  "tics" meaning
"bloodsucking creatures"...

  Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines with  Braille
lettering..... >>