You recently requested information about PET scans, which means Positron
Emission Tomography. The reason for going into NYC is that there are not that
many facilities that have the equipment to perform a PET scan. The purpose is
in simple terms is to measure the neurochemical activity of the brain.
Therefore, it attempts to show the changes in the function of the brain
rather than the changes in anatomy such as an MRI. I dont know if this anwer
is complete and what you are looking for. I had looked into the PET scan
several years ago for myself. I was told that while it is a tool that can be
used in diagnosing Parkinson's disease it was still at that point in time
experimental. But that was about 2 years ago. Hope this sheds some light on
what a PET scan is and what my understanding of it is...