Bruce Anderson wrote:

> A neurologist  last week recommended I get a Pet scan and wrote me a
> prescription for one. He then ducked ou t before I had a chance to ask him
> about  it.  Can anyone tell me what it is, what it's suppose to diagnose and
> what it's like?  It must be pretty rare because he said I would have to go
> to Columbia Univ., Hosp, in NYC for it and I live in western NJ.
> Thanks
>
> -maybe I wandered into a veterinary neurologist's office by mistake.........

reminds me of a story heard a few years ago.

George was quite fond of his dog, so when it became ill, he took it to
the veterinarian. Dr. Stone was busy, but could see that George's dog
was not moving and had him carry him right in to the examination table.

Dr. Stone was unable to detect any life in the dog. He stated that the
dog was dead. George was very upset - and asked for further testing. The
veterinarian brought in a small black cat and placed it on the table.
After the cat had stared at the dog, it walked completely around the dog
which did not move. Dr. Stone then took the cat back into another room.

George asked what the charge would be. The doctor said burial would be
$5, the examination $3, and the total $28. A bit taken aback, George
asked what the $20 was for. "That was for the cat scan" said Dr. Stone.

ron