Hello List Members,

We are approaching the end April and I would like to ask whether PWPs
and support groups who are on this list have experiences to share
about special activities conducted during our Awareness Month. I am
specifically interested if the Pennies for Parkinson's campaign was
promoted and with what results. The Parkinson Alliance started this
fund raising campaign realizing that not all pieces were in place. As
the one easily accessible large group of existing or potential
participants, I ask that you respond to my questions:

1/ if you received our introductory mailing from the Parkinson
Alliance, were you interested in participating in the Pennies for
Parkinson's fund raising effort?
2/ did you receive the individual's packet or the support group's one?
3/ did you call for additional information and/or a supply of
brochures or labels?
3/ did you receive a reply?
4/ do you think that grassroots' efforts to raise funds for research
is viable?
5/ did you read about the Parkinson Alliance's mission and plans on
the Listserv?
6/ did you go to the website and try to learn more about them?
7/ do you wish to see more posts relating to the PA?
8/ do you believe that science is on the brink of discovering a cure?
9/ do you believe that it will happen within 5 years?
10/ are you willing to combine all our resources to guarantee that a
cure will be discovered?

Feel free to make any comments - it is the SILENCE that I am afraid
of. Thank you.

Margaret

Margaret Tuchman
Princeton, NJ