Group -

Due to my involvement with the "pig-cell" xenotransplantation research, I've
had 4 or 5 PET scans.  In my case they were definitely NOT fun.  It is
possible that those of you who are considering having 1 may not have to go
through what was required of me.  Bear that in mind as you read.

Before the test there must be a 12 hour period without food and medications.
A mask is put over your face which is used to literally tie your head to the
machine.  Then the technician spends about 15 minutes aligning you and the
equipment.  That done, a radioactive substance is injected into your arm.
The test starts.  You must not move (they don't even let you talk) for 2.5
hours.  You can imagine how a non-PD person would feel (cramped, stiff, etc.)
after that.  Just picture yourself (with PD but without meds) in this
situation.

You just have to grin and bear it.  That's what, in my case at least,
experimental research is all about.

Jim Finn