To: Brian Collins and Rick Hermann
From: Will Kuipers

Re: Starting Levadopa

Your posts are getting me confused.
I have used the same amount of Levadopa ever since I was diagnosed, 8 years
ago.
My neurologist considers 500mg daily, a low dose.
According to him the top is in the order of 1000mg daily.
I have to point out that I am on CR, the controlled release version.

Is there anything wrong here, Brian?
If you have used it for twenty years, what do you mean by taking it with
respect?

Why is Levadopa considered harmful, just because it maybe eventually gets
caught up
by disease progression?
BTW I am on my second trial period with agonists: first Permax and
now Requip. So far I am not impressed with either.

Greetings,

Will Kuipers   Dallas, Texas      78 / 71