Early this morning, even before the walkathon,  I finally made it over to the
pharmacy to pick up my medications. Because of diffulty in getting transport
this week, I was late in picking them up , and had even had to delve into my
y2k supply i was trying to build up (just in case, you know) So, I kind of
desperately needed these things.

Picture the scene, me at the counter, pen poised, ready to write a check for
35 dollars,when the assistant says "$312 please"

I was angry. 'I thought you had checked with Baileys' (the organization that
paid for my drugs - but required authorisation every time they paid ).

'Yes ma'am, we did get new authorisation, but that is  all they are paying
now!' Apparently, on all medications over $5o  they are now requiring
authorisation ( not just over $100) and they are only paying a small
percentage - iso everything but the last $l0.and you all know the price of
sinemet and mirapex!

Suddenly, and with no warning that I ever saw, my share of the price of just
those two medications has gone up from $20 for the two of them to $287!

What is a person to do?

Hilary Blue.