Catherine S. Berk[[log in to unmask]] wrote:

Good morning,

I am thinking of adding the book "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's
disease," by K. Holden to my support group library.  Is anyone
familiar with this book or any others that address nutritional needs
of people with Parkinson's?
Thanks,
Catherine in Portsmouth
Catherine S Berk

Hello Catherine,

I'll be more than happy to recommend Kathrynne Holden's book, "Eat
well, stay well with Parkinson's disease". Kathrynne is a well
respected professional in the field of nutrition and an excellent
writer. She has also been on the Listserv and has become the in-house
expert of nutrition and its intricate effects on the PWP's general
well being and medication titration.  The Listserv is enriched by her
active on-going participation, her kindness and concern for our daily
battle with PD.

Information on nutrition is also available from:
APDA (800) 223-2732
NPF (800) 327-4545
PDF (800) 457-6676

As a sidenote, please fill out the 'Subject:' portion of your email
messages and make sure that your email is set to send "text" and not
MIME format. In fact your message contains the warning:
"THIS MESSAGE IS IN MIME FORMAT. Since your mail reader does not
understand this format, some or all of this message may not be
legible."

I hope that this will help making your decision.

Margaret Tuchman
Princeton, NJ
B1941/Dx1980