This is in response to Phil (I think he was the one with the Bad Pill Day).
My mother has attempted a few times to link her ON times using Sinemet.  She
started out using the pill form and a few years ago switched to dissolving
it in water.  Having it already dissolved greatly improved the adsorption.

At this time she drinks her dosage every two hours starting at 7am with her
last dose at 9pm.  Unfortunately, she MUST go through her OFF times before
taking the next dosage because this way her painful rigidity and tremors are
predictable.  In other words the few times she purposely linked her ON times
caused an unpredictable OFF time later in the day that was extremely painful
and full of fury.  It is as if the PD took on a personality of its own and
was extremely angry for not being allowed to go through its routine of OFF
time every 2 hours.  My poor mother would rather go through the predictable
pain every two hours rather than the unpredictable fury at some point later
in the day.

Also, protein and food interfere with her Sinemet.  She takes it on an empty
stomach and waits for it to take effect before eating her measly one cup of
bland food.

Teresa