The Parkinson Alliance is focused on raising money for a new program called
PRO-Seed Grants.
PRO stands for Parkinson Research Opportunity and its purpose is to fund 100
high-quality grants for submission to the NIH for each of the next 2 years.
Typical grants are usually $25,000.

This, combined with the $2 billion increase in National Institutes of Health
appropriations should ensure that we obtain at least the $100 million in
focused Parkinson disease research authorized by the Udall Act.

The Pennies for Parkinsons campaign is 1 way we can raise grant money to help
ourselves.

If you are not in a position to leave Pennies for Parkinsons containers at
stores and then go back to pick them up then Marge Tuchmans idea may be right
for you:

<< simply to reach into OUR pockets
and give money to be used for research. >>

<<change the course of our
lives by donating $1.00 per day to be used to
fund PRO-Seed Grants.>>

<<I propose that we target Mother's Day, May 9th, as the beginning of
this drive. There are 15 days before the 9th - how many people would
send a check for $15.00 payable to the Parkinson Alliance to be
deposited into a bank account specifically opened to house donations
for PRO-Seed grants. All monies received will be earmarked for funding
pilot study/seed grants. The cash will remain in the account until
enough monies are received to convene a peer review board meeting to
judge the quality of the applications received from researchers. A
call for submission of grant applications will be made through thenormal
channels.>>

WE ARE POWERFUL - WE ARE THE MASTERS OF OUR OWN FATE!>>

<< Each member of this Listserv pledges $1.00/day and will send the initial
check for $15.00 by/around May 9. Then schedule your donations
however it is comfortable.
Net donation (tax deductible) is $365.00/yr.>>

mail checks to :
Parkinson Alliance
1250 24th Street, NW - Suite 300
Washington, DC  20037
Phone - (888) 331-4673

If you have another idea to raise PRO-Seed Grant money post it to the list.

(My check for $15.00 plus $15.00 for someone who cannot is in todays
mail-Barbara)