Dr. Zunin.  I was prescribed Tagamet 400 bid for 5 or 6 years for heartburn
and reflux disease.  Those symptoms have been adequately treated. When our
military pharmacy stopped stocking Tagamet and replaced it with Zantac, my
gastroenterologist wrote a script for that.

My PD was only dx in l998 when Requip was prescribed, which is still my
only medication, the present dose is 2 mg/3X day.  I very seldom experience
reflux or heartburn anymore, but I now wonder if I've been on these GI meds
too long.  My drug manual lists adverse reactions, among them "peripheral
neuropathy," for cimetidine (Tagamet).  That doesn't sound good....

Clare