From: rford <[log in to unmask]>
To: Bruce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, April 26, 1999 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: Oprah Winfrey

>Bruce-
>
>I don't normally respond to stuff on the Parkinson's forum, but this caught
>my eye. I am a public-school teacher and part-time college instructor who
>will be "retiring" in about 3 weeks from my education profession at the age
>of 45 due to Parkinson's problems.  Do not know yet if I will be able to
get
>disability because social security won't even talk to me until I'm
>technically NOT working.  I feel that my life is turning into a real waste
>(and a waste of 5 college degrees) because of Parkinson's.  I've looked
into
>other jobs that I could maybe do at home via the Internet with my computer
>but am rapidly finding that I'm not qualified to do anything but teach !!
>have done some writing and a little proofreading and would gladly help with
>the final proofreading and suggestions on your letter.  I would also gladly
>go on Oprah with you or whoever as an example of how Parkinson's is
>destructive to successful careers. (I have my worst tremors when under
>stress and scrutiny, so I could put on a fairly good "demonstration").
>
>Anyway, if I can help at all, I'd be glad to.  After all, in 3 weeks I'll
>have PLENTY of spare time.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Randall Ford, PhD
I don't want to wait 3 weeks, but maybe he can offer you some PhD-like
constructive criticism.

Gerry went to Vasser and got an MS from Penn.  Perhaps that's why I should
never have tried to be more than friends with her.  She was probably
thinking about her first big venture and I was thinking about another kind
of conquest.

if you want to read any articles on them , go to www.google.com ,  [those
are g's], a good multi-engine search engine and type in +"Geraldine
Laybourne" +Oprah

THANKS, HILARY,
BBA