The Greater Phila. PD Council held a tele-a-thon to celebrate National
Parkinson Awareness Month.  There was a toll free number that people called
from 10 am to 7 pm.  Jane Wright of Penna. Hospital coordinated the efforts
and did a superb job.  I don't know how many calls came in but a lot of
caregivers and PWP's had questions.  During the day, doctors and nurses
answered the phones along with volunteers and Jane.  A lot of people who
called just wanted to talk and some wanted to know if something they were
experiencing was a usual symptom.
I thought this was a wonderful idea and I salute the originators, this was
the first year we participated and we thoroughly enjoyed being part of this
program.
If anyone has any connection to a hospital, and perhaps can get some free
advertising, and volunteers, it's a great promotion.
Don't tell anyone, but I always put in a plug for the Alliance and "Pennies
for Parkinson" on my phone conversations.
Gerry