Mary,
No wonder you were too off to go to work yesterday--here you area taking on
the sacred cow, the essential  article of faith of this very opinionated,
articulated CD community.  And you do it all in public!! No, worse than that,
actually--in the home field locker room of this PD cvommujnity!!!!  I hope
that you're feeling better and have returned to your senses.   Actually, on a
more serious note, I feel very strongly both ways, and share some of the
reservations you cited about the 'throw  more more money' philosophy---I
think that you reach a point of diminishing returns in pumping money into the
effort, but who's going to say when?!   And, if II can work up tje courage
that you have shown, I'll post that.
Marty