Thanks for the correction, Janet, it came from a usually reliable source. On
the other hand it is something that COULD happen, so it is better to be safe
than sorry.Too many people have been injured or killed becasue they were just
being nice...The following is true, I witnessed it myself: A young man was
standing in the middle of  a large intersection, holding  a small gasoline
can, asking everyone who stopped for $2, as he had run out of gas on the
highway.  I had a few questions in my mind: 1 Why was he there three days in
a row? 2 How unlucky would one be to not only run out of gas, but to not have
$2 to buy some from the filling station located 3 blocks away? 3
Conveniently he had a nice new container for gas, but after getting a
donation he did not go to get it filled, but kept asking for donations, Why?
4 How often does a nicely dressed person leave the house without any money or
even a credit card, when driving on the highway?  5 Why was he not near his
car? Call me Mr. Cynical, but I believe it was a scam!  True, he wasn't
hurting anyone except for slowing traffic through the intersection, but he
was stealing money from anyone willing to give it. Truth is stranger than
fiction!
Ken B