To speak of many things...

List family,
        Spring has sprung in this part of the world and my garden has been
beckoning. That and April Awarness have kept me from reading the list as
carefully as I would like.
        That said, there are a few things to which I would like to respond...

Phil Thompkins re "a bad pill day" -
        FWIW - I had a bad pill day last Friday, and there was no apparent
reason...except perhaps that my body was saying, "Slow down, girl,
you're much too busy again." It happens every once in a while and I have
no idea why.

Dale Severance and others re "Pennies for Parkinsons" -
        At our Y.O. support group meeting this month, I presented "Pennies for
Parkinsons" to the group. We took a large pickle jar (the kind
wholesalers send to restaurants, etc.) and re-sealable baggies and asked
everyone to put their loose change in the baggies and bring them to each
meeting to be dumped into the jar. We decided to include our friends and
relatives and eventually expand out into the community. Of course we
would have to find containers other than baggies. :) But it's a start.

Jerry Finch re "Dear Friends" -
        A beautiful letter. It reminded me of one that Celia Jones posted in
1996 which I have it in my files...

Dale Severance re "Have I Got a Deal for You" -
Jim Cordy re "Everyone must do their part" -
Margaret Tuchman re "A plan to help ourselves" -
        I learned tonight "unofficially" that I am going to be asked to be part
of planning group for the coming year's events. I'm taking your posts to
show our people what can be done.

Margaret Tuchman re "Re: A plan to help ourselves" - who wrote:
"I feel compelled to do this because I believe it is possible to hurry
the date of the news release: A cure has been found........
and Judith Richards will post -
NEWS: Scientists have solved one of the mysterious puzzles of the
brain.."
        I would be happy to be the one who finds the announcement of a cure and
I would be just as happy if anyone else found it. And yes, I believe we
are very close to the answer.

        Finally, two of our PWP are experiencing 'burning mouth.' One neuro
said it was a side effect of the meds. The other neuro didn't have an
answer. In the archives I found a post from Kathrynne Holden,
"Janice Fiske, Senior Lecturer in Special Care Dentistry,
London, presented information on the oral problems seen in PD. She
states that incidence of "burning mouth" and dry mouth in PD is at least
twice that of the rest of the population, and dental problems are
commonplace. Burning mouth may be due to hormonal imbalance and/or
depression."
         I found a couple of other sites, but would like to hear from anyone
who has experienced this problem.

Thanks all,
Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^