Partly this is a test message since this is my first time on the list serve--wanted to update people on how we are doing in California--at least the part I know about.  My name is Carol Walton--I am a member of the Executive Committee of the Parkinson Alliance--have been very active in California for the past 5 years.  We have had some great response to the Pennies campaign--these people are great--most of them wrote checks rather than spending time collecting change--it made their life easier!!!  The first support group I spoke to sent in $600 within a week--that was before they even had pennies containers!!!! They really believed that raising money for research is the only step between us and the cure.  Between 2 other support groups and a health fair I attended we have another $600 and I just got a phone call from another group in Northern California--wanted to send me another $500 and they aren't done yet!!! I spoke at an NPF patient seminar 2 weeks ago in Newport Beach, CA--collected $300 just asking people to get out their change after lunch!!!  I told them there was 20 days left in April--if they did they same thing for the next 20 days they would have $6000--if they asked 3 friends to do the same they would have $18,000 and that would be one seed grant!!!! The numbers are unreal if people just do a few dollars per person. My nephew is in college and I gave him 20 containers to give to kids in the dorms--he has told them all about his grandfather and what a rotten disease this is--my hair dresser is collecting money and so is my nail person--Lynn Fielder and I were in front of at least 10 radio stations last month and we have already been on 3 of the 10 stations--there was a wonderful lady there who wants to do a movie on TCI cable--Lynn has PD--only 37 years old--same demographics as Michael J. Fox--she has a very challenging job as VP of Planned Parenthood--is married with a beautiful 6 year old daughter--when she told this group she had PD you could have heard a pin drop in the room--it was very powerful--you need to tell the story--it is the most important part of what we do--how do you think we got the Udall Bill passed?  It was by sharing real life stories of what it is like to live with this disease--we really have to do our part and WE NEED EVERYONE TO PITCH IN--We aren't asking you to do much--just a few dollars but the numbers will be huge if everyone does their part--I truly believe we can cut 2 to 3 years off the cure for PD if we get out there and work--For those of you who have collected money please share your stories with us--let us know what you need and how we can help you--I promise to write more later--carol walton