Hey!-- wait a minute, Barb :-) What's wrong with voicing opinions and
sharing feelings on this list? A few months ago this was pretty okay and
seemed to conform to list expectations. Did I miss something, an
announcement perhaps? No offense intended (really!), but I don't think the
list should be ONLY a place where only a few voices discuss political
action. Can't we encompass more than that? I don't have a friendly
neighborhood support group to go to--I'm the only one under 65 with PD in
my town, and I need a place to connect with others in my circumstances. If
there are 1600 people on this list and only 10 posting, my guess is that
it's being underutilized as a forum for voicing opinions and sharing
feelings :-)

My humble opinion.

Rick, 48/46

>Date:    Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:12:08 -0700
>From:    Barb_MSN <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Interesting conference
>
>Art...
>
>BOING G G!  YOU just hit the proverbial nail on
>the head, m'friend.
>
>This wonderful asset that is the Parkinson's
>Information Exchange isn't being used to it's
>maximum advantage.  It seems our collective
>and respective intentions are good, however, it
>appears many of us kinda run out of steam
>within a short while and either go off on another
>PD-tangent, or run around in virtual circles, or just
>plain poop-out altogether.
>
>I'm not pointing a finger at anybody - it just seems
>many of us find it difficult to maintain our initial
>momentum, and eventually inertia takes over (Hey -
>lately I'm BIG on inertia)  <blush> (GROAN)
>
>Then we don't necessarily get INFORMATION being
>exchanged  here on the List, we get folks voicing
>OPINIONS and sharing feelings along with some
>snippets of real-time meetings and/or symposiums
>information.
>
>Perhaps we're thinking of the List as kinda like
>a neighborhood PD support group rather than
>the multinational Parkinson's Information Exchange
>that it aspsires to be?
>
>Barb Mallut

Rick Hermann
SPIE Press Manager
SPIE-The International Society for Optical Engineering
P.O. Box 10, Bellingham, WA 98227-0010
Phone: 360/676-3290 * Fax: 360/647-1445 * Email: [log in to unmask]