Re Buspar:

Unfortunately, I just threw out a sample package of Buspar, which had a lot
of the manufacturer's information with it.  Here is what I DO remember/know
about it:

Buspar is supposed to work on both seratonin levels and dopamine "use" (not
sure how).  It is often prescribed for children.

My father's neurologist gave him the sample pack to try.  At the time, he
was NOT on any other PD meds...no sinemet or agonist.  He responded poorly
to it, experiencing nightmares on the second day of the lowest dosage, so
he stopped taking it.  I don't know if the neuro would have tried this drug
if he were on any other drugs that supply or affect dopamine.

A similar drug is Serzone.  Dad tried that one, also, and had a nearly
identical reaction as he had to Buspar.

Jane Koenig
Marietta, GA
(daughter of Fred, 80/2 MSA)