Dear friends,

I want to thank each of you who sent letters to me last
night and this morning. After reading my post
yesterday, it does sound like I got carried away by
saying that I am quitting the list. I won't. I'll be
here for the people who need me to help with web
designs, their websites, attitude adjustments, etc.

A bit of history: I am deeply involved in attempting to
save a lot of horses from slaughter. It totally angers
me that I have found no one in favor of killing them,
each person I talk with is strongly opposed to their
death, agree that what is happening to them is the most
horrible thing in the world, yet only a very
(extremely) small number have offered any financial
help. In other words - they all agree that something
needs to be done, but someone else can do it.

Yesterday, after a hard day trying to find someone to
donate fencing for 14 acres, I read the PD list digest.
I lost it, I was that angry. I know a number of people
in the Parkinson Alliance. I did their website for
them, and I'm in the process of redoing it. I deeply
admire those folks and their dedication toward the one
thing that we are all centered around - the cure.

The Parkinson Alliance isn't a scam organization. These
people are serious about what they are doing. A lot of
them, while fighting their own PD monsters, spend 18
hours a day raising money to fund the seed money
program. I've talked on the phone with some of them
when they are so worn out that they couldn't stand up.
The point is - they are doing something for themselves
AND us. They don't draw a salary, they don't drive a
company car, they don't charge fancy dinners to the
company credit card. After all the years I've spent
involved with this list, this is only the second group
of people who are organized and working. (The first
being the wonderful people who worked so hard on the
Udall bill).
(There have been a number of individual efforts, there
have been support groups who have done something, but
I'm referring to an actual group from this list).

I don't remember how far back it was when Barbara P
started this list, but in the span of years from then
till now there have been countless ideas about raising
money/drawing attention to PD. Good ideas, workable
ideas. I'm as guilty as everyone else for not taking up
the idea and charging forward with it.

The Parkinson Alliance is a working, fully functional
plan to attack our enemy. They will, on this list, show
an accounting for every penny collected. No one else
will do that. "Show me the books!" people on the list
demanded. They will.

If you can't afford it, don't send it. All I'm asking
is that, instead of putting their efforts down, show a
little support, drop a note of thanks, and do what you
can. If you know someone who knows someone who has an
Uncle who works for a large company (Sears, Walmart,
Barnes & Noble, Billy Bob's Garage), pick up the phone
and call them. Ask if they will pass the word along
that we sure do need a money donation to fund research
for a cure. Notify one of the PA members if you get a
positive response. They can handle it from there.

If you can't support the Parkinson Alliance because you
think they are a bunch of glorified thieves, then
support someone else, start your own research lab. Stop
waiting for someone else to do all the work.

I had an LT scream at me once when my group was being
chopped up by sniper fire. "I don't give a damn if it's
wrong," he yelled. "But don't just stand there - DO
SOMETHING!" If we can't back our own people, if we
can't raise our finger to make a phone call, if we
can't force a few words of encouragement out of our
mouth, then PD has won both the battle and the war.

Even if it's wrong - do something.

Jerry
--
Help us save the horses! Habitat for Horses, Inc.
A lifetime home for abused, endangered horses.