People, people:

What are we doing?

There is merit in everyone's suggestions in how to improve the state
of the PD orgs. And, by the way, that is why the Alliance got
started - we wanted to unite the "biggies", have everyone sit at the
same table and work out differences and present a united front. Well,
it didn't work then. Perhaps there is a chance to make it work now -
let's go for it.

But, NOT instead of raising funds for research grants, and
NOT by threatening to withhold support from ALL until the orgs. "make
nice" and play together!

I don't know why we should be so cavalier about sacrificing, or at
least postponing getting cured? We are sabotaging our welfare to win
points in this rhetoric.

We can chew gum and walk at the same time - and I am willing to crawl
and drool as long as we are moving forward with an immediate and
workable plan.

A few days ago Phil Tompkins put forth "the theory known as "six
degrees of separation". According to which, if you contact everyone
you know, and each of them contacts everyone they know, and this is
done six times, just about everyone on earth gets contacted. I don't
know the math behind this, but it's a suggestive concept.

Is it possible to identify and involve more PWPs and their families by
using this theory?  The procedure would be to ask everyone you know
who they in turn contact everyone they know, that you don't who has PD
(or who they in turn know who knows someone, etc.)." Does anyone else
have a suggestion?

One last point - it is not the organizations that will benefit from
our fundraising efforts - it is the PWPs!

One last question - how do the rest of the members of the Listserv
feel?

Margaret

Margaret Tuchman
Princeton, NJ