There is an old story that was told to me when I was a
child about cooking a pie. I no doubt have the
characters mixed up and some of the expressions
slanted, but the basis still holds true.

Mrs. Hen was walking around the barnyard and became
hungry. She wanted to bake a delicious blueberry pie
but, after looking in the pantry she found that she
needed a few items. She went to Mrs. Cow and asked for
some milk.

"I'm too busy right now," said Mrs. Cow.

She went to Mr. Goat to ask for some blueberries.

"I think I ate all of them and I'm too tired to pick
anymore. Sorry," said Mr. Goat.

And on it went. No one, it seems, had the time or
desire to help Mrs. Hen fix the pie. She went ahead,
all on her own, and that evening the smell of fresh
blueberry pie drifted across the barnyard. The cow
came, the goat, the pigs, the horse, everyone, it
seems, wanted a slice of pie, even though no one had
been willing to help make it.

That slice of pie, to me, represents my PD. I can
approach the chance for a cure by either sitting here,
paranoid about being ripped off, or educating myself
about who is doing what and giving my full support to
the PD org that I feel has the best chance of solving
my problem.

I'm only 55 (senior discount at Denny's!!). If someone
finds a cure in the next 5 years, I have a real chance
of enjoying myself before I die. I can get out of this
damn chair and go back to living the way I want, not
the way PD dictates.

Every time this list gets involved in this discussion
it turns out that someone has something negative to say
about every PD org in existence. They refuse to back
one because some executive embezzled money, they didn't
like the president of another, some org slighted
someone, and we end up blacklisting all of them.

So no money is donated, we have no seed money for grant
proposals, we have no funding for research, the NIH
spends all their money on other types of neurological
problems and, because of our lack of support, a PD cure
remains a dream. Essential Tremors will probably be
cured, maybe spinal cord injuries become a thing of the
past and I will be sitting here 5 years from now,
shaking worse than I am, taking Sinemet every 2.16
hours, because we didn't get up when we could, and help
fund the research for PD.

And, before someone mentions it, yes, I am saying, "Me,
me, me." I WANT A CURE FOR ME! If I want to eat
blueberry pie then I had best help in the only way I
can, by getting in the kitchen and help make it happen.

I once had a lot of friends here. This message will
probably upset some of them. Good. This is MY opinion.
If you don't agree I really don't care to hear about
it. Instead of complaining, then YOU come up with some
positive ways to funding research. YOU get out and
raise money. YOU beat your head against the wall
because folks on this list had rather resist and bitch
and cry than be proactive.

Ask yourself, do you REALLY want a slice of the pie?
What are YOU willing to do to get it?

As for me, I'm tired of listening to all the moaning
and complaining about how bad our lives are and how
Oprah ignores us  the Pope won't bless us and some
actor won't say anything to us. I've been with this
list since the first day. Today, I am leaving. I've had
all I can take from those who refuse to work, yet want
all the rewards. The negative attitude that permeates
this list does me no good. The anger I feel toward
do-nothing complainers makes me shake worse.

I'll be working for my pie while I still have a chance.

Signing off,
Jerry Finch
Jerry Finch
--
Help us save the horses! Habitat for Horses, Inc.
A lifetime home for abused, endangered horses.