For everybody who was there on top of the mountain last weekend, and
for everybody who wasn't: I've added two items to the Inkshed Web
page, both with invitations to comment and participate.  And I'm
hoping to find some further ways to preserve and share some part of
that amazing exerience.

Here's some of what's going on, and how you can find it.

I've put up the "in process" version of my essay on what Inkshedding
is.  It acquired lots of useful marginalia on the copies on the
reading table at the conference, and I'm hoping for more.  As I
incorporate those comments into the document -- I've already made a
few changes -- I'll post updated versions.  I invite everyone -- new
or old inkshedder -- to have a look, and send me suggestions for
additions, excisions, changes, recastings.  I'd like to make this
piece a reflection of a consensus among inkshedders of what this
whole business is about.

I've also put up the text of Jamie MacKinnon's presentation,
"Expertise and ethics: an argument in 13 pieces," which is also a
draft awaiting comments and suggestions and argumentation.

Both of these, and Tania Smith's paper on composition studies in
Canadian Universities, are now linked to an item on the main Inkshed
page called "invitations to participate."  The main Inkshed page is
here:

    http://www.stthomasu.ca/inkshed/

There's also a link to Inkshed XVI, which I expect to keep updating
over the next little while.  This is an invitation to everybody who
presented at Inkshed XVI to send me a file with an abstract, or with
the whole presentation, or with whatever you'd like the rest of us to
see; I'll put it up and link it to the final conference program.

I'm also hoping to add the edited and distributed inksheds, and
perhaps, if we can work out a way to do it, some further selections
from the original conference inksheds.  And maybe even some
incriminating photographs.

Stay tuned.  I'll let everybody know as I make additions.

                                        -- Russ
                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_           Aquinas Chair
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~