Doug,

Thanks for your professional/personal encouragement, and your interpretation
of the list silences.  I think it's even more meaningful to me that you
posted it on the listserv.  This ethnography I'm doing is certainly relevant
to the Inkshed list as a strange rhetorical event... and people can observe
it in process and participate to some degree by tuning in to the listserv.

About this ethnog. being a group biography, I actually have a dream that
that would happen (that I could mind-meld with "so great a cloud of
witnesses") but I really doubt it will because of everyone being too busy in
their own worlds.  It just so happens that I chose to write it up, that it's
convenient for the grad course I am taking and it's part of my own education
and interests, so it will end up be me writing it, mainly.  I don't believe
objectivity is possible, even to an outsider, so I am just going to write it
as I see it, without doing _too_ much of the postmodern navel-gazing which
would make it more about the author than the group studied.  It sure is
handy to have a lot of Inkshedder-authored stuff to mine from the listserv,
website, and the Inksheds "published" during the conference.  That way I
have a lot of voices that are not mine.  I still frame them and select them,
but they are authentic sheddings of "others."

I am actually writing parts of the first draft tonight, and we are giving
each other feedback during next day's class.

Tania