...giving thanks to Ann & Jane, and to all the presenters and
entertainers who clearly demonstrated at Inkshed '99 that intellectual
inquiry and fun needn't be mutually exclusive.
Now I should (re)introduce myself and let you know that I'm officially
"lurking" having just joined the CASLL listserv. My name is Jean Mason,
and I enjoyed meeting many of you at the conference. (I was the one who
made you take off your shoes!) In addition to dancing and writing poetry
(do not necessarily assume priorities here) I'm writing a dissertation
on hypertext theory at McGill. Specifically, I'm conducting qualitative
research into how authoring in hypertext/hypermedia affects the
composing process. I've done a lot of presenting vis-a-vis the diss, so
I decided to give myself a break at Inkshed knowing that of all groups
Inkshedders were most likely to be open to "alternative" areas of
inquiry. And I thank you for not letting me down! Now I'll go and check
out the CASLL listserv archives before I say anything else. Since my
shoes are rarely on my feet, they could easily end up in my mouth....
Jean Mason