Tight, _peer_ tutoring.  I didn't pay attention to this when I first
reponded to Plillipa, but it makes a difference.  Responding via written
comments is a much harder task than responding in person.  It can still
work, but with peer tutors I think a whole lot of careful training and
modelling would have to come into the picture.

--
Doug Brent
Co-ordinator, Undergraduate Program in Communications Studies