As your ethnographer...

I am wondering why the list went so suddenly silent... is it just because it
is end-of-term for many?  Is it post-conference burnout?  Or-- is it a
reluctance to post because I asked for more ethnographic information?  I
notice that other messages asking for info are going unanswered right now,
which is unusual, considering the high amount of activity in the past 6
months or so!

I have gotten no responses about "what is Inkshed-- what does the
conference/listserv do for you-- what is your role in Inkshed" since I asked
on the list.  I have gotten responses from 3 or 4 NEW conference-presenters,
however.  That is interesting, but I don't know what it means that they
responded and others didn't.  Did the "regulars" think that my data
collection ended at the conference, perhaps, or that they'd done the most
that could be expected by even letting me "ethno-graph" them?  Did the new
presenters just have more need to express their reactions to someone?  I
ask, as my voice echoes across the canyon of listserv space and time ...

Oh well.  It's only a class project, not a dissertation or a book.  I don't
have the time or means to do a full-scale ethnography, so my data will be
limited, and I will probably end up making some false conclusions about
Inkshed that will really annoy core Inkshedders or set sparks flying between
inkshedders.  I am thinking now that I might never let it be seen by anyone
besides my professor, because I don't know if I want to risk the chaos that
would ensue upon letting the Inkshed group view my objectification of who
they are.

Boy, am I learning a lot about ethnography!!

Tania