Friends-I redeived this offlist, and offered to put it on the PD list for
the sender, who is not a listmember.  Her address is included below, and if
anyone has any helpful input I know it will be appreciated--this is a
really scary situation--(but I know no other details.)
Camilla

***********

info, or you can tell me where to go from here. My 67 yr.. old father has
been diagnosed with PD for over a year. He does not have tremors, but has
the stiff shuffle to his step, and the blank stare in his face. Weak muscles
control, falls sometimes etc... This is not the reason that I am writing to
you. He had heart surgery 8 days ago. He is not doing well. We thought he
had a stroke at first. A CAT scan was done and they have ruled out a stroke.
They said that because of the PD, he would be slow to wake up. They also
have done an EEG, and he doesn't have much brain activity. When we talk to
him, he more or less has a blank look and his eyes are fixed, usually to the
ceiling. He has mumbled a few words, but not many. He has some movement in
his hands and legs, not much. I am writing to you in hopes of finding
someone else (PD patient) that has had a similar experience after surgery,
or has any hope or input for us. We pray this is a temporary setback because
of the PD and we try each day to think of some way to help him. I look
forward to hear from you. Thank you, Kathy Bailey