Dear fellow list members - and especially Margaret,

        I  feel this has been a momentous and wonderful week in terms of all the
information that has been communicated on the list. And it all started
with one question from a new list member - why are there so many PD
organizations and what do they do? It felt this week like the Parkinson's
Information Exchange of the "old days" was back. Thank you Terry for
asking that question, and thank you to Margaret,  Barbara, Mary, Jim,
Camilla, Dale, Carol Walton (and welcome), and anyone I haven't mentioned
for all the communication about the PD organizations, the Parkinson's
Alliance and the Pennies for Parkinsons fund raising effort.
        And thank you Perry for letting us know what is going on in Washington
and with the NINDS. This type of information is valuable to us, and there
has not been much of it lately.  It does sound like the door is opening
for dialogue and cooperation  between the PD oganizations, the NINDS and
People with Parkinson's. Let's all do whatever we can individually, and
also urge all the national organizations to cooperate with each other in
as many ways as possible. We all have  the same goal - a cure for
Parkinson's
        Margaret, our "check is in the mail," and we've told our kids to send
whatever they were planning to spend for their Mother's Day gifts to
Pennies for Parkinson's. The same for Father's Day too.

Linda