re: verifying monies that go for research etc:

i can only speak for the parkinson's disease foundation but i do believe that
all of the major organizations are very careful in the way they verify and
report on how donated funds are spent.  if you will give me your mailing
address, i will be happy to send you a copy of our independent audit report
for 1998, which identifies our research, education, fundraising and
management expenses in some detail.

keep asking those questions.  our ability to maintain the faith and trust of
our community is an absolute condition of our survival and success as
organizations dedicated to ending PD.

robin elliott, executive director, pdf