Hi,
here's my two bits worth. I've been wearing glasses since age 7 - myopia aand
astigmatism..When i was undergoing intensive tesiting (in Israel in 1982) one
of the tests was a spinal tap. My reaction wwas extreme - I was unconcious for
several days, and left with double vision for 3  or 4 weeks, which gradually
diminished to near normal (for me). No further unusual events, exept I needed
bifocals in my twenties,already. Now in the past few years , my double vision
is worse, my depth vision is almost non existent, I see floaters in the outer
perimeter, anI see "fluff balls" which dis  ppear when I try to touch them.
A couple of months ago a neuro-ohthalmological technician came to talk to our
support group. I described my symptoms to her,.. Her on the spot diagnosis -
"you must have Parkinson's"
Bob, one of the things she mentioned is that the uneven  action of the
muscles, because of the spastic behaviour due to  PD could simulate the effect
of astigmatism.         It also explains why it is so difficult to get ones's
bifocals adjusted cxorrectly.
Hilary Blue