Greetings and Hallucinations from Parkinsaw, MI, and the View from the
Lighter Side of PD.  With all the talk about self-help as the Way to Go
to raise money for PD Research, we're pleased as a wolverine to tell
y'all about our ancillary "A Thousand Pennies for  Parkinson's"
fund-raising activity in support of the exciting PRO-Seed Grants.
Basically, our activity requests contributions from visitors to the
Parkinsaw, MI  (imaginary community of hardy Parkinsonians) web site
(Non-imaginary, and glowing brightly at
www.mikeauldridge.com/parknsaw.htm), via virtual canisters.  We ask for
a minimum contribution of one thousand pennies, but allow the
contributor to just send in a check for $10, made out to The Parkinson
Alliance. We then forward the monthly bag of checks on to Washington. We
realize this is slightly unorthodox, but there's a local ordinance
against physical canisters in Parkinsaw.

We already have our first contribution of a thousand pennies (in the
form of a 10 dollar bill)...thanks Mom!  No, seriously folks, this was a
very heartfelt contribution and we appreciate it very much.  We've
already forwarded a check and the letter to the good folks at The
Parkinson Alliance.  We don't have a clue how this is going to turn out,
but we'll hope for the best since we're optimistic by nature.  (Do they
have a category for imaginary locations?)

Incidently, the web site has been averaging over 100 visitors a week,
has been recently
rated a Five-Star Humor Site by Humor Search, and was the March featured
site of the month by Paul Mote's Parkinson's News from the Front Lines.
Thanks to many of you on the List for the kind words, support and
encouragement.

John Bjork (60/20)
Parkinsaw, MI, A View from the Lighter Side of PD
"Laughter is Very Good Medicine"