 I just spoke with Sue Crawford in Governor King's office,(207) 287-3531.
 I was in a very strong
ON-period, with medications working adequately to make my voice volume
and the clarity of my diction pretty good.

Sue says she will begin to work on the problem of my need to find a new
nighttime personal care attendant(p.c.a.).

She would not tell me whether anyone called her office from our List.  It
would help me if PWP's or caregivers or anyone who might be able to phone
would let me know that they have done so.

I discussed 5 problems;

  1)The total money the State would allocate to pay an interim worker
during a  young-onset PWP emergency. (at this point only $144..00--which
obviously can last only a few days), while a search is begun for a
long-term replacement p.c.a.:
       -that replacement p.c.a. is still limited to $6.25 / hour  daytime
or evenings, and $9.00 for the entire night (NOT $9.00/hour);

  2)The failure of my Adult protective worker to show up to assist me;

  3) The failure of the State to assist me in any way to locate a
potential interim p.c.a.'

  4)  The identification of various reasons -- lack of time and money,
the normal time it takes  to
find a p.c.a., the reference checks, background checks, phone calls,
interviews, and so forth
before an offer can be made to  a qualified person;

  5)  The confrontational attitude I was exposed to where federal funding
formulas were used
with the intent to limit rather than expand my search for a nighttime
p.c.a.

Thanks,

Ivan S.