Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 19:55:32 -0700
From: "J. R. Bruman" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Bob & Joy Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Vision in PD

Bob & Joy Graham wrote:

> Dear List members,
>
> My husband has "weepy" eyes much of the time - it does not seem to be
> connected to allergies or colds. He is always taking off his glasses and
> wiping his eyes. Is this a PD thing or something else?
>
> Joy Graham (CG Bob, almost 60, diagnosed for 10 yrs)

Yes, it's a well-recognized symptom of PD, and mentioned in many of
the nontechnical patient manuals. For the pedants, it's called
"seborrheic blepharitis" and neuros often echo the recommendation
in the manuals to wash eyes frequently with "no tears" baby shampoo.
I personally find that plain tap water works just fine. The discharge
may include crusty solid material which on drying forms crystals that
show beautiful rainbow colors under a polarizing microscope. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road