Charlie,
I have a wicked case of dystonia in my left shoulder which--like yours--is
easily the most painful sx or condition associated with my PD.  It is so
strong and intractable that it caused me more pain than extensive
osteo-arthritis in the same shoulder, for which I underwent partial shoulder
reconstruction--which the dystonia survived intact! I've consulted with 2
excellent movement disorder specializing neuro's--Jim Sutton, of Encino and
Oxnard, and Neil Hermanowisz, of Good Samaritan Hosp.--and they both treated
me with botoxin.  I now have had 2 series of shots and, other than some
slight, short-lived relief after the first shots, they have not done the
trick and my shoulder now hurts as bad as ever.  But Dr.H. plans to shoot me
up with botox again, on the theory that sometimes the shots have a
cumulative, positive effect and I know that Dr. Sutton has the same belief
I'll keep you posted.
Marty Polonsky.