Camilla.......
In MN even doctors orders and a signed waiver by the family is of no help in
getting restraints (even if they are safety issues).  (My sister is a staff
member in the medical community.....we have "inside access"  to information
and know that we are not having the wool pulled over our eyes.)

Even though we have signed Power of Attorney Medical and Durable.......the
state inspectors say that "Your Mother has the right to try to move when she
wants (even though she is unable to stand alone and does not recognize my
sister or me at this time.  Mother suffered some dementia following a stroke
two years ago...this past week she became non-responsive to even simple
commands.   Basically she is in hospice care at the nursing home.  At age 89,
my Mother's body is shutting down.

Rita