Karen,
I have some trouble with double vision.  It started when I was put on dilantn
about two years ago when I was hospitalized for pneumonia, and I had
seizures, probably
due to a high fever (and maybe partly due to the fact that II had had brain
surgery--i.e. my second pallidiootomy within the previous year.  Anyway,
Dilantin is known to cause double vision, and when I DC'd the dilantin, the
double vision stopped, until recently when it retuned although in a much
milder form.  It almost feels like "'lazy  vision or "tired vision" and it's
worse when I'm tired or off.   Good luck.  Arthur. I'll be interested in
hearing a report on the neuro-opthamologist.