>Levo-dihydoxy-phenylalanine (L-dopa), the amino acid precursor
>of dopamine, was first used to treat Parkinson's disease
>(brain catecholamine neurochemistry).
                     I do not believe so!
                     Show me the reference(s)!

>Phenylalanine, I think,   is better known as Nutra Sweet.
                     Again, incorrect!  Nutra sweet hydrolyzes (breaks
down) into two different amino
                     acids, one of which is phenylalanine.

>Has there ever been a discussion about this artificial sweetener in PD
diet--good or bad?
                     You might be able to retrieve much discussion on
this from the archives,
                      but do not believe the alarmists without
authoritative evidence.

Michel Margosis