Following are my answers to your survey.

----------
> From: Margaret Tuchman <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: SURVEY - Accomplishments during April
> Date: Friday, April 23, 1999 3:47 PM
>
> Hello List Members,
>
> We are approaching the end April and I would like to ask whether PWPs
> and support groups who are on this list have experiences to share
> about special activities conducted during our Awareness Month. I am
> specifically interested if the Pennies for Parkinson's campaign was
> promoted and with what results. The Parkinson Alliance started this
> fund raising campaign realizing that not all pieces were in place. As
> the one easily accessible large group of existing or potential
> participants, I ask that you respond to my questions:
>
> 1/ if you received our introductory mailing from the Parkinson
> Alliance, were you interested in participating in the Pennies for
> Parkinson's fund raising effort?
         Did not receive the introductory mailing.

> 2/ did you receive the individual's packet or the support group's one?
        N/A

> 3/ did you call for additional information and/or a supply of
> brochures or labels?
        N/A

> 3/ did you receive a reply?
        N/A

> 4/ do you think that grassroots' efforts to raise funds for research
> is viable?
        Yes

> 5/ did you read about the Parkinson Alliance's mission and plans on
> the Listserv?
        Yes.

> 6/ did you go to the website and try to learn more about them?
        No

> 7/ do you wish to see more posts relating to the PA?
        Yes

> 8/ do you believe that science is on the brink of discovering a cure?
        Yes, hopefully!!

> 9/ do you believe that it will happen within 5 years?
        I am hoping it will.

> 10/ are you willing to combine all our resources to guarantee that a
> cure will be discovered?
        Yes

I am sorry I was unable to participate in the activities this year, as my
sister passed away from cancer and I had spent much of my time with her in
Cedar Rapids, Iowa which is about 250 miles from me.  I did, however,
forward Archbishop Tutu's prayer to my minister and she published it in our
weekly newspaper.

Thanks for coordinating this.  Hopefully next year I will be in a better
position to spend some time on this.

Mary Watkins
58/50

Columbia, Missouri