Janice.....

If only our species could have been graced with continuous
hindsight PRIOR to individual life-events as one of the senses
we are born with!

Unfortunately, the symptoms you refer to are SOOO
common in virtually all humans, I'd betcha you'd find that
at one time or another virtually every individual who's
walked God's green earth has had one or another in their life.

Over the course of my life I've had several  - no, make that
MOST symptoms, if not all - and they were so insignificant
to me THEN I would never have tied them together and
thought they were the first signs of some disease.  I'd have
been embarrassed to go to my physician with such vague
but persistent symptoms, tho I DID have 'em all at one time
or another over my lifetime.  In fact, I wouldn't have even
thought of them as actual "symptoms," 'cause of so many
other people I knew (and know) who live with them.

I would have been called a hypochondriac and a whiner if in
my late teens, and or twenties and thirties I'd commented
about such vague symptoms regularly and it would have been
suggested that I should "get a life."

Now..... today.... after 24 years of living with PD (16 or 17
years since diagnosis), I CAN tie these symptoms into the
Parkinson's Disease I ended up with.   BUT I keep in mind
even if I HAD recognized these vague and annoying
symptoms as PD, most others who have the same symptoms
at some time in their life do NOT have Parkinson's (tho they MAY
have some other disease or condition which has the same or similar
symptoms).

My point is (gee, sometimes it sure takes me lotta time to GET to
a point!) <grin> we are encouraged, even TAUGHT, from our
childhood on not to complain about vague aches, pains, and other
little things that are common in life and a HUGE number of others
live with them as well.  It's generally only YEARS after keeping
silent that we FINALLY get a diagnosis and begin our journey into
hindsight and can then say, "Ah HA!  THAT'S when I first realized
I might have a REAL medical problem instead of a vague compendium
of symptoms."

For ME, it's become a stand-off with PD - I'm forced by a slow but
continuous degeneration to take each day as it comes, grappling
with issues, symptoms, and feelings I'd never even heard of or
imagined in past years.  Because of that, I find it difficult to
dwell on the "what ifs" of the PAST.  It's tough enough just
dealing with TODAY.

Barb Mallut