Jennifer and others
I would like to answer these questions because it took a long time for
the 'whispers' of symptoms that I developed to be recognized as PD.

I had no tremor at all.Doctors and others look for tremor and if there
isn't any  it isn't PD.

The  earliest symptom
(10 years before) left turns when skiing were not up to the same
standard as right turns.

putting in zippers became very difficult
it was hard to use power tools
my fingers and hands were clumsy and stiff

I had a lot of shoulder pain
backing up the car was hard to do --couldn't see as my neck too stiff
immense fatigue depressed just sat
handwriting got smaller
lost sense of smell
Ladies of 80 plus could walk faster than I could
face became stare(y)
when I swam lengths I would fold up and sink without warning
couldn't ride a bicycle any more cause balance shot to hell

These 'symptoms'appeared very slowly  perhaps taking  as long
as 7 years and while I was upset that there was no apparent
reason why I felt so dreadful most of the time.........
 looking back  it was
better not to know

Anne Rutherford