hi all

At 08:20 1999/05/08 -0600, nancy wrote:
>My theory on craving of sugar and/or junk food is your body
>asking for nutrition and we fill it with empty calories.  Once
>your body has good nutrition it amazing how the craving may stop.
>
>Nancy Burnham cg for Don 65/16

my personal experience
which seems to be emulated by other park-people here
causes this reaction to your message:

nunh-unh! nope! wrongo-bongo!

as one who has been interested in food for thirty years
as a former and fallen and now re-birthing vegetarian,
as a puritanical healthy food 'nut',
as an adelle davis acolyte,
as a wannabe restaurateur,
as a 'gourmet' home cook,
as a survivor of 'diets',

nothing in my experience prepared me for this sugar craving

as an adult, i had never considered eating a chocolate bar all at once
as something particularly appealing or particularly 'satisfying'
more like - yukk! - too sweet! - sickening! - bleahhhhh!

but the shoe has definitely transferred to
an altogether different limb
of a different colour

i could eat two maybe even three chocolate bars in a row now
and feel simply contented
period

"janet, we hardly knew ye!"

yours from four-spoons-of-sugar-formerly-only-two-coffee-land

janet

janet paterson - 52 now /41 dx /37 onset - [log in to unmask]
613/256/8340 - PO Box 171/Almonte/Ontario/K0A 1A0/Canada

Scan some of My Past Posts at:
     http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/
Mine the PD List Archives at:
     http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/
Cull Nine Million Pub-Med Medical Studies at:
     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/
Comb the 'People With Parkinson's' PWP WebRing at:
     http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=parkie;list