Rick...

I was DX'd with Rheumatoid Arthritis 18 years ago - had every test
then used to determine the disease.  I was started on Naprasyn
(sp?) at that time and the RA went into full remission and
remained so until I started taking Mirapex in November of '97 or
'98 (whichever was the closest date to when it Mirapex came out).

Within 36 hours of beginning Mirapex, I developed pronouced very
painful RA in both hips and began to take 800 mg. Motrin 3 times
daily, after consulting with my MD.

It took about 6 months to get the RA to go back in remission, but
at long last it has, as near as we can tell.

By the way, my sister (currently on methatraxate and suffering
greatly) lives with the mother of ALL pain since she not only is
forced to deal with the RA, but also now lives wiht Fibromyalgia
and Lupus.  Despite being treated for YEARS, she's never had even
ONE remission.

RA is one tough disease!  And I KNOW I've been exceedingly lucky
to have mostly been in remission.

Barb Mallut