Hello,

Karen Bastian, who initiated this topic, asked about vision
problems--blurry vision or a foggy problem, as possible side effects
of sinemet.

For what it's worth, see the drug monographs at http://www.rxmed.com
(click on "prescribing information", then first letter of drug name)
for the PD drugs you're taking.  A number of references to vision
problems can be found.

Diplopia (double vision), a complaint of many PWPs writing about
vision problems, is listed as an adverse reaction to both Sinemet
and Permax.

For Permax, the occurrence of diplopia in clinical trials was
"infrequent" (defined as between 1 in 1000 and 1 in 100 among the
1700 participants).  In the trials the mean dose of Permax was 3 mg
of Permax per day and participants took an average of 650 mg of
Sinemet/day concurrently.

For Sinemet, no frequency of occurrence is given for diplopia.

I was curious about "oculargyric crises", which is also listed as an
adverse effect of Sinemet.

At http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic157.htm (reference is to an
on-line medical textbook on emergency medicine), I found a definition
of oculargyric crises as eye direction deviations which occur as
dystonic drug reactions.  Sounds really unpleasant.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990