+++++answer below+++++

----------
From: Dorothy Ivankoe <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: entacapone
Date: Monday, May 10, 1999 6:24 PM

If you have been on the medicine for that length of time I assume you are
having good luck with it.  What type of patient is it good for?  Older
patients who have had PD for a long time or new patients?

Entacapone can be for anyone with PD who take Sinemet or Madopar [ not CR]
, but those in the early tests had to have some difficulty with end of dose
problems.  Entacapone is not a bad drug based on my experience ( 59 months
). I have detected no serious side effects. Sinemet [not CR] dosage had to
be adjusted from the beginning to reflect the additional percentage of
levodopa available to the brain.

Entacapone would probably be useless to anyone who is not taking Sinemet.
Although I do not know what my condition would have been over the about 5
year period without entacapone, I feel that similar results could have been
attained by using more Sinemet more frequently and/or using CR.

Will J.