++++++++ reply in text ++++++++

----------
From: Lanier Maddux <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 20-20 on ABC
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 1:41 PM

I am surprised that there have not been comments from list members on
the segment about the so-called "SHAM SURGERY". Personally  I thought
that headline was over sensationalizing on the part of the network. They
will do anything to attract viewers.

 But as far as the content of the program, I thought it was probably
good information to put out. I have no opinion as to whether that type
of medical research should be done, That is a tough question for more
learned people than I to debate.

One more comment. Don't they have a more high-tech way of drilling than
to use a 100 year old invention, a  brace and bit?

++++++At Johns Hopkins University Hospital they use a Black & Decker ...
also a Maryland product.

Will Johnnston
A.P.D.A. DelMarVA Chapter Pres.
4049 Oakland School Road