-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 7:07 PM
Subject: Hoffheimer heartattack

>Larry Hoffheimer,Washington Council for the NPF, suffered a heart attack
>Monday afternoon. He seems to be recovering nicely and plans to continue
his

Larry I wish you well ......but even more I wish you to be really well. What
was written about your recovery and a quick return to the job I caution you
to consider why you had the heart attack.
The reason I bring this forth is because this very same thing happened to my
husband. He had responsibilities of a large organization in one of  our
large corporations.
The pressures were such that he was or allowed himself to become totally
absorbed by it. Neglecting his family because he was working so hard to try
to find work for his people so they would not be given pink slips. And as he
said," putting food on the table.'
He was so wound up thinking about his job the whole time of physical
recovery that he did not emotionally recover as well. I had to beg him to
take one month of exercise because he would not enter into a regular
exercise program. He could not because he was world traveling more than
before.. Trying to stop the flow  of job losses !
I suggested that many of the hotels had exercise rooms and that he should
take advantage of the space.but he would not .....he knew best.
Did I say, as I tell everyone when I speak about him," That he is the most
interesting man I know?"

"He is the most interesting man I know".....and for this reason ,I say," to
you 'Please think about why this happened...............and take steps to
make changes in your life.....So that it will not happen again."
Because it will.
 Almost 5 years later, he had another attack. When we were leaving the
cardiologists office. He casually through out to the room . You 'll be back
in 5 or so years with another attack.
So I say to you Larry....please get emotionally well and learn to pace
yourself. Because you were pushing yourself too hard.
God loves you and I love you because you are a member of the family of man
and we need to take care of each other.
We are our brothers keeper.
L&K S